Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Skincare Routine

Skin Care Routine

Skin Care Routine by theleatherlook

Recently, my skin has felt and looked absolute rubbish. I decided I needed to make a change in my life and invest in some high quality skincare products that would work rather than going to CVS and buying a $3 bottle that didn't do anything for me.

I headed over to Origins and Lush and consulted with the sales girls, who were absolutely lovely and so helpful, and developed a personalized skincare routine that I know works.

I have rather oily skin that is prone to breakouts, so once a week (or twice if need be) I apply the Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask for ten minutes. It's like a vacuum for your skin and leaves it feelings soft and smooth. I found that it also helps calm my breakouts, minimize my pores, and rid of excess oil and dirt.




If my skin needs a pick me up during the week, I use the Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser. This gets rid of oil and dirt that build up during the week while also moisturizing my skin. Because it is a scrub, I make sure to use it more on my breakout and oily zones, which in my case is my t-zone and the sides of my nose.



After Origins, I went over to Lush to get some acne treatment products. I stumbled across Lush's Tea Tree Water, which I now use daily. I spray it all over my skin at different angles - two to four sprays usually does the trick.



Last thing I'm going to talk about is magic in a bottle (for me, at least). Lush's Grease Lightning tea tree cleanser has helped my breakouts so much! At first, I got a sample of it, but I later went back to get the full size bottle. I treat it like a mask - half a pump covers my whole face. Since it dries clear, I wear it during the day as well as the night.



I hope this helps some of you out!

Much love xxx Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment